Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stockholm

We've only had two or so days in Stockholm, but it was immediately obvious that it is a well-developed city. And like Vienna, expensive. I guess it's like being in Sydney, except that it is much colder, the people speak Swedish and that the public transport is much better.

Flying in to Stockholm, it was all trees and snow. Christmas trees! There were so many of them. It was also strangely dark. That is something I'm not sure I'd ever want to get used to, sunset by 4 pm or so. I like sunlight and blue sky. The sky ends up a dusty red colour, but still "dark". Conducive to staying inside.

Accommodation here was in a jail! An old, converted jail, that is. We had a 2-bed cell and it was fantastic. I should like to think that it will be one of the only times I'll be "in jail".












More detailed update with more pictures later.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

wow how cool!

You know that "in jail" comment that you did post?? I WAS SOOOO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!!!

oh and thank you for the postcard :D

Frank Baron said...

I spent one night in a real jail. (I was innocent I tell ya'!)

Yours looks much cozier. :)

Unknown said...

Stifling heat of summer here.
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.