Monday, March 29, 2010

Alice im Wunderland

We went to see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in 3D today.The problem with movies in Deutschland is that they are apparently all dubbed, so a group of us wanted to go see it auf Englisch. It also meant that we needed to get to Mannheim, on the train. 


From what Germans tell me, they have the same people doing voiceovers for just about everything. So everyone sounds the same in movies. I can't deal with seeing someone say something and their mouth not moving properly, or even not moving at all! It seems as if just about everything is dubbed here, so TV is either German or nothing. 


We had a movie and pizza night in the lab last week. Bud Spencer and Terence Hill. Until last Friday, I had no idea who they were, so it was interesting to see the style of movie. And interesting again to sit through a movie in German, dubbed, and understand next to nothing. Still, it was entertaining.  

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Ah, Alice in Wonderland. That was a cool movie. Tim Burton, if anything, is utterly twisted. That's why I like him so much.

I suggest you see it, dubbed or not.

Claudia said...

I SAW IT!! I loved it i want to see it again. I will be buying it on DVD

Hilary said...

Oh THERE you are! I kept waiting for updates on your old blog. Now I know to watch this one. Good thing I found you here (via Frank's).. I brought chocolate!